Smart Phone Photography

Here we go guys… our first assignment via THE BLOG!!!  I have provided links to 2 articles from National Geographic.  This site should be one you refer to often; it has some of the best photos and most talented photographers you will see.  Both articles below give some tips and tricks for taking photos with an iPhone.  Even if you don’t have an iPhone, all of these things can be applied using other smart phones, tablets or just our good ole’ point and shoots.  Most of the tips have little to do with technology and more to do with composition and just good picture taking.

Assignment:

1. Read the following articles.  Be sure to read the captions as you scroll through the photos… this is where the good stuff is.
    1. Fall Photo Tricks with an iPhone
    2. iPhone Photo Tips
  2. Write down 3 tips that you think are going to make the biggest impact on your photography.
  3. Share and compare your answers with a partner.
  4. If you finish early…
    1. Explore the National Geographic site.  One of my favorite things on the site is “Picture Stories”.  Spend this time viewing the photos of other artists; you learn by exposing yourself to as many examples as possible.
  5. Extra Credit:  Later tonight take some photos putting these tips into practice.
    1. If you use Instagram:  post them, tag me @capalboart, and add hashtags with the tip or trick that you were practicing.  You can also apply filters if it makes the photo stronger.
    2. If you don’t use Instagram:  email them to me (acapalbo@csufsd.org) with which tip or trick you were practicing.