Blogging is a way to connect us within our own classroom and with other classrooms throughout the world. It can be a fantastic place to learn, share ideas and display your artwork. It can also be dangerous if you do not practice safe blogging.
The guidelines of maintaining your own blog and commenting on the blogs of others are:
- Students should ONLY use their first names and first initial of their last names for posting and commenting. ex. Stella S.
- Parents who comment should also not use their last names. ex. Stella’s Mom
- All comments are moderated by Mrs. Capalbo.
- Anything posted on a blog (a post, a comment, etc.) needs to be spell checked, be appropriate and be your best writing.
- No “text talk”. ex. idk, lol, btw, imo
- Plagiarism is unacceptable. You need to expand on the information and ideas you find and give credit where it is due.
- Do not post identifying or personal information about where you live, work etc.
- Be respectful and constructive.
- Once you put something out into the cyber world it is there FOREVER. Even if you delete it… it is still there, somewhere.
- You have an authentic audience for your ideas, writing and artwork… present yourself in the best possible light.